Brian Whelan is an Executive Managing Director at RIPCO Real Estate, focusing on investment sales in New York City, with a special focus on Upper Manhattan and the Bronx. To date, he has successfully transacted on 33 deals for a total dollar volume in excess of $80 million. His experience covers a diverse range of asset types including multifamily, development, land, retail, residential, medical, and hospitality. Prior to joining RIPCO, he served as a Director at B6 Real Estate Advisors and as an Associate in Marcus & Millichap’s investment sales division based in Manhattan.
A tenacious self-starter, Brian is recognized as a talented dealmaker by his clients and prides himself on being a straight shooter with in-depth market knowledge garnered through years spent honing his craft. He is an effective communicator who has a reputation for running a transparent and highly visible marketing process that taps into the widest pool of active buyers in the market.
Born and raised in Ireland, Brian moved to New York in 2010 shortly after graduating from the National University of Ireland in Galway with a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce. His previous work experience includes roles in accountancy at Pinnacle Environmental, project management at JP Morgan, and business development at Shoreline Contracts.
In addition to real estate, Brian has a passion for sports, especially golf, and founded the Hudson Golf Society in 2016, which today boasts a membership of over 50 golfers in the New York area. Brian met his wife Aisling back in Ireland and today they reside in Bergen County, New Jersey with their two children JJ and Willow.
• Real Estate Board of New York
• Rent Stabilized Association
• Urban Land Institute
• Young Mortgage Bankers Association
• New York City Hospitality Alliance
• Irish Business Organization
• 4950 Broadway, NYC (Retail redevelopment)
• 26 Sherman Avenue, NYC (Residential redevelopment)
• 1781 Ocean Avenue, Brooklyn (Mixed-Use)
• 303 West 113th Street, NYC (Development)
• 515 West 236th Street, Bronx (Multifamily)
Awards & Recognition
• New York Real Estate Journal- “One’s to Watch”: 2020
• Pace Setter Award- Marcus & Millichap: 2017