Steven L. Sperandio is Executive Managing Director and Co-Head of Debt & Structured Finance at RIPCO Real Estate, where he focuses on debt, equity and structured finance transactions. RIPCO’s Debt & Structured Finance business primarily targets clients and assets located in the New York and Florida markets where RIPCO is most active, however Steven has a previous track record of successfully executing financings across the US, which ultimately enables RIPCO to accept financing assignments anywhere nationally.
Steven joined RIPCO Real Estate in late-2021 to build out the Debt & Structured Finance business alongside Managing Director and Co-Head of Debt & Structured Finance, Matthew Shatz. RIPCO’s Debt & Structured Finance group includes a highly experienced team of top-tier analysts to support the group’s asset financing mandates.
Prior to joining RIPCO, Steven was a Partner & Senior Managing Director for Paul Massey’s B6 Real Estate Advisors, where he spearheaded the NY-based firm’s Capital Advisory practice from the firm’s launch-to-market in 2018. Leading up to B6, Steven was a key lieutenant for execution on the Debt and Structured Finance group at Newmark Knight Frank at their HQ in New York. Collectively, Steven’s capital advisory expertise stems from his 10+ years of lender experience in commercial real estate finance before transitioning from the debt-side to the advisory-side. This lender experience consisted of debt underwriting, loan sizing, loan origination and asset valuation for top-tier lenders that include investment bank Cantor Fitzgerald, private equity firm Square Mile Capital, and insurance company American International Group (AIG). In aggregate, Steven’s total transaction exposure throughout both the debt-side and advisory spaces totals more than $20+ billion.
Mr. Sperandio earned his MBA from the University of Miami with a dual-concentration in Finance and Real Estate, and his bachelor’s degree in Finance from Pace University in New York.
- Office Tower/Retail Conglomerate – Midtown, NYC – $430.0 million
- Multifamily Portfolio – Southeastern US – $397.5 million
- Suburban Office Park – Greenwich, CT – $97.5 million
- Visual Arts School – Lower Manhattan (Chelsea), NYC – $39.0 million
- Pre-Dev Condominium Project – Palm Beach, FL – $32.3 million
- Enclosed Shopping Mall – Suburban Boston, MA – $24.0 million
- High Street Retail – Greenwich Ave, CT – $22.0 million
- Recently Developed Self Storage – Staten Island, NYC – $20.0 million
- Rent-Regulated Multifamily Portfolio – Upper Manhattan, NYC – $19.0 million
- Mixed Use Retail Conglomerate – Downtown Miami, FL – $14.0 million
*Transactions listed above include historical deal execution, lead underwriter and/or broker agent, and were not RIPCO assignments
- 2019 – Real Estate Finance & Investment (REFI) – Rising Star of CRE Advisory
- 2016 – Newmark Knight Frank – NKF Capital Markets Rising Star Award